It is essential for MBA students to be aware of current affairs and the overall business environment in India and globally. To increase the awareness of students’ interactive sessions were held in which the Indian economy and global economy status and trends were discussed. Students were asked to present on specific topics which were then discussed with all the students and the Faculty summarized the discussion and gave his insights on the topic under discussion.
Students were also made aware of the Political environment in India, new Govt. policy initiatives and their impact on India’s social and economic landscape. Budgets and new laws passed were discussed along with policy decisions from NITI Aayog.
To build Industry awareness, top organizations in India were studied across IT, Banking & Finance, HR & Consulting professional services which enabled the students to look out for the right organizations to aspire for during Placements.
Classes were well attended, and students enthusiastically participated in the discussion which were lively and interactive.
Students were asked to present and discuss on topics such as:
- Indian Economy GDP level based both on Nominal currency as well as based on PPP model and growth rate, per capita income across countries
- Sectoral performance of the Indian economy, population growth rate, IMR and other social sector indicators
- Leading economies of the world
- New Govt. policies around rural electrification, universal Banking – Jan Dhan policy, universal & digital identity AADHAR, RERA act, Insolvency & Bankruptcy code
- Policies around citizenship and CAA
- Organizations that went bankrupt or closed business and reasons for failure – Kingfisher, United Breweries – Vijay Mallya, Satyam scandal